Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Vegas Pro render crash at 50%

• Vegas Pro render crash at 50%

Raederle Phoenix updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
  • Justin Coolidge

June 23, 2019 at 10:21 pm

Every time I try to render my timeline into an MP4 file, at around 50% done, I always get a window that pops up saying “Vegas Pro has stopped working” and it asks me to send details about the crash to Magix. I always put in that I was rendering when it happened because it asks what I was doing when the crash happened.

I Googled the problem but only results pertaining to really old versions of Vegas Pro showed up. There is NOTHING recent! And besides, those results also only pertain to the Windows generic “Vegas Pro has stopped working” My version of the error message is within Vegas Pro itself, the one that Magix programmed into the program.

I tried various different rendering options but I always still receive that crash at around 50% completed.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

• George Dean

June 23, 2019 at 11:27 pm

HI Justin, it will help others offer a possible solution if you post more details about your system, your version, your project and the additional details available from the crash window.

So, what version OS, what are your system specs, what version of Vegas Pro and build number, the specs of your source media, your project settings, the specs of your render format template. Screenshot of what you can are very helpful. And also add at least a general idea of your project workflow.

Often times if you get a crash at the same point repeatedly it is either caused my source media at that point in the project, or some process at that point in the project such as an FX that you have applied. We diagnose that by going to the 50% point in the project and removing what is at that point and then perform a test render. If the render complete it is a pretty good bet whatever you removed is causing a problem and depending on what that is, perhaps there is a work around you can apply to finish up the project.

Best Regards……George

• Graham Bernard

June 24, 2019 at 8:13 am

[George Dean] “HI Justin, it will help others offer a possible solution if you post more details about your system, your version, your project and the additional details available from the crash window.”

I agree with George, Project Settings and what you were rending and what FXs you had used.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

• Tyson Onaga

June 25, 2019 at 10:42 pm

I’d try:

(a) make sure the source mp4 HD and the destination HD are free from disk errors …. ie, chkdsk [dr:] /F
    (b) try selecting a region, File Render As, Render Options (Loop Region Only) ….. then Render

If the crash still persists, start disabling any Video FX one at a time and repeat (b)

Best,
    – Tyson

• Raederle Phoenix

June 6, 2021 at 5:22 pm

I’m having a similar issue. I use Windows 10 on a PC. Mine keeps crashing at 7% at the moment. I had this issue before and found some thread somewhere that warned me off of .AVI format files. So whenever I use an old AVI I now use handbreak to convert it first. However, in this case, no .AVI files were used. I’ve also tried that trick where you drag the project file into the timeline and render that, which used to work for me, but that’s also not working in this case.

• Raederle Phoenix

June 7, 2021 at 1:29 pm

Good news! I’m very happy to report that this issue was resolved for me by following some advice I found on a youtube video.

In short, the video says to hold the shift key while clicking on preferences. Go to the tab called “Internal.” Search for “so4”. There will be four options listed. Switch the one that says it is a “compound reader” to FALSE.

Apparently this compound reader is only important for 10-bit video files created by specific phones and DSLR cameras, so most people don’t need it and it resolves a lot of crashing.

The video was for Vegas Pro 17, but I’m using Vegas Pro 15, and this solution worked for me! After three hours of reading forums, trying things, restarting my computer, and nothing else working, this little “fix” worked! Yey!!!

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy