Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Vegas Pro 19 Bothersome Review

• Vegas Pro 19 Bothersome Review

Rich Kutnick updated 1 month, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Rich Kutnick

October 15, 2021 at 2:09 pm

I just read an article in PC Magazine stating that multicam either does not work or has major problems in Vegas Pro 19. Using Vegas Pro 18 and Pluraleyes, I receive excellent synching results! The author of this article was having problems MANUALLY synching. I want to stay current with this software and I have a powerful PC (hardly ever so much as a burp with V 18 Pro). I still can snag the $119 upgrade price, but want to do it soon if Vegas Pro 19 is worth it. Any problems or difficulties with V 19 Pro? Your thoughts, experience and advice is needed in order for me to make a rational purchasing decision, so thank you in advance.

• Steve Rhoden

October 15, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Yes, Vegas Pro 19 is worth it…..

• Rich Kutnick

October 15, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Thanks for jumping in so quickly, Steve, as you so often do. May I ask that you elaborate slightly about why V19 Pro is superior to V18 Pro? I just want to have an idea what improvements and additions have been made. Have you personally used it for awhile and does it work great for you?

• Joel Muhvic

October 22, 2021 at 3:52 am

I bought an upgarde to Vegas Pro 19 direct from [email protected] Not only are there serious issues and defects with the software, the major issue I have with MAGIX is that they did not have any notice of Vegas Pro 19 being noncancelable and nonreturnable in the USA prior to purchase. You are only told that after you buy it and find issues with it. In the EU, they have a 14 day period for canceling (without any reason). Why does MAGIX treat USA consumers with no return rights whatsoever? Beware!!!

Tell Gary Rebholz (Madison, Wisconsin), creator and owner of Vegas, to treat Americans at least as well as Europeans.

• Rich Kutnick

October 22, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Based upon a number of credible recommendations, I made the plunge. For the most part I am satisfied. Would you be able to elaborate on the “serious issues and defects with the software” that you note, other than the cancellation privileges please?

I only have two “minor” issues thus far:

1) When selecting a clip, V18 and lower immediately highlight the clip; in V19, it takes one to three seconds for clip to highlight so that I can process it. I don’t know why this is happening, since I have upgraded my PC to a screamer! Anyone else experience this who may have a solution?

2) The Boris Continuum plug-ins: Only one instance of BCC can reside and be active on any computer. When I installed the 2021 plug-ins that came with the V19 upgrade, it eradicated my 2020 installation, which had many MORE plug-ins (as it was a special paid-for package that I purchased about a year ago). I learned the hard way on this one and had to reinstall my 2020 package. All is well now–caveat emptor.

It took me a bit of time to get use to the “new” interface (some of the icons and colors are different, but V19 DOES load much faster). I will know about rendering speeds after I finish my current project in a few days, though.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy