Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Vegas Pro 14 – Sound edit problem.

  • Vegas Pro 14 – Sound edit problem.

    Posted by Bob Wachtman on February 22, 2017 at 9:48 pm

    Newbie to Vegas Pro 14.
    Have an AVCHD file with audio on left track only. What is the easiest way to copy left to right for a mono result? If I try to open the audio file (or a copy of it) in SoundForge, I get an error… “file is an unsupported format”. Seems like this should be a simple edit, but I can’t figure it out.

    Bob Wachtman replied 9 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Graham Bernard

    February 22, 2017 at 9:56 pm

    Right click on Audio Event and select Channels. From there you can do everything.

    * Grazie

    Video Content Creator and Potter
    PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
    Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

  • Bob Wachtman

    February 22, 2017 at 10:26 pm

    Thanks, Grazie. Appreciate your fast comeback. Where do I find “Audio Event” to right click on?

  • Bob Wachtman

    February 22, 2017 at 10:46 pm

    OK… I found “Channels” on the Edit pull-down and selected “combine”. That did it! Thanks again… your reference to “channels” gave me the clue I needed… couldn’t have done it otherwise.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy