Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Vegas Pro 14.0 Random “Blips” in Audio

• Vegas Pro 14.0 Random “Blips” in Audio

Isaac Beals updated 2 weeks, 5 days ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Isaac Beals

January 7, 2022 at 11:39 am

Hey everybody!

A bit of background: I decided to try my hand at ripping and editing a Bluray for fun, and eventually got a video file that was compatible with Vegas Pro (14.0). However, the audio tracks would spontaneously create “blips” (AKA strange popping noises) and it basically ruined the entire thing. Restarting the program sometimes fixed individual blips, but then new ones would pop up as I kept editing.

I tried resetting everything in Vegas to the default settings, but that didn’t work. Then I tried a couple of different audio formats, but they all did the same thing.

So, I would like to know if the problem is with my file or with Vegas and what I can do to fix it. (Also, I remember this sort of thing happening before with Vegas, but it was with smaller files and projects, so I could usually work around the glitches.)

Here are the specs for the audio that I’m currently editing (within an M4V file, which was copied from the original Bluray MKV file with ffmpeg):

Format : AAC LC

Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity

Codec ID : mp4a-40-2

Duration : 1 h 49 min

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 128 kb/s

Channel(s) : 2 channels

Channel layout : L R

Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)

Compression mode : Lossy

Stream size : 101 MiB (0%)

Language : English

Default : Yes

Alternate group : 1

Menus : 3

Here are my PC specs:

Windows 10 Home

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz

16.0 GB RAM

• Rich Kutnick

January 7, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Was this, by chance, a commercial Blu-ray? If so, my educated guess is that the blips are due to the copyright protection on the disk.

• Isaac Beals

January 7, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Would copyright protection create blips at random? Also, if I ripped the file from the disc, would it still be copyright protected?

If I just export the whole thing without editing it, there aren’t any blips. It’s just when I start editing it that the blips appear.

Also, this has happened to me with non-Bluray files, just with less frequency.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy