Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0

  • Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0

    Posted by Don Cool on January 21, 2008 at 10:01 pm

    I want to render a project to MPEG-2 and I’m confused about the templates.
    Can someone explain the difference between the templates DVD NTSC, DVD Architect NTSC video stream and DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen video stream and under what conditions you would use each?
    Also, what is the formula for computing bit rate for long projects?

    Don Cool replied 18 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Edward Troxel

    January 22, 2008 at 2:45 am

    [Don Cool] “DVD NTSC” Creates a DVD compliant file and includes MPEG compressed audio. This audio would the be decompressed and recompressed into AC3 to create the DVD reducing the quality of your audio. I would not use this one.

    [Don Cool] “DVD Architect NTSC video stream” Creates a DVD compliant file but does not contain audio. Audio should be rendered as AC3 and both files given to DVD Architect. I would use this one for standard DVDs.

    [Don Cool] “DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen video stream” Same as DVD Architect NTSC video stream except it’s 16:9 (widescreen) instead of 4:3. I would use this one for widescreen DVDs.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Don Cool

    January 22, 2008 at 6:05 pm

    Thanks for the info.
    Don Cool

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy