Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Vegas 8 Video Tearing In .avi

  • Vegas 8 Video Tearing In .avi

    Posted by James Smith on April 16, 2009 at 7:17 pm

    I run sony vegas 8 and it has always been fine up until recently. When I try to render a video now as .avi with the xvid codec the video comes out all distorted. When played it has random times when the screen becomes mostly black boxes and distorted. The source is perfectly fine and I have rendered like this before without this happening. Should you want to see for yourself what I mean you can look at https://files.filefront.com/wowtestvidavi/;13609551;/fileinfo.html It’s a short 40mb 1 minute warcraft video. Any help to get this out of my videos would be great.

    John Rofrano replied 17 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • John Rofrano

    April 18, 2009 at 10:21 pm

    Vegas does not support DivX or Xvid. Stop using these codecs and your problems will go away (unless, of course, you switch to another codec that Vegas doesn’t support). 😉

    If you are looking to render as MP4 try the MainConceopt AVC or Sony AVC formats.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy