Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Vegas 6.0 & Sony HC39-E, Camera not detected?

  • Vegas 6.0 & Sony HC39-E, Camera not detected?

    Posted by Debastaard on November 14, 2005 at 10:48 am

    Hi all,

    For some reason, I don’t seem to get my camera (Sony DCR HC39-E) to work with Vegas !?
    I’ve tried switching on/off various options in the preferences-> video screen, but no succes.

    At first when I clicked the ‘Capture’ button, nothing happend at all! Then I switched off the ‘Use external application for capturing’ (The filepath was leading to Vidcap60.exe) box in the Video preferences.
    After I did that, the capture screen did show up, but the camera’s still not being detected 🙁
    I Can choose between IEEE1394 Connection, and the BlackMagic thing. I Assume it should use the IEEE connection (since i’m using firewire…). But I keep getting the message ‘Device not ready’.

    Other program’s like Pinaccle Studio 9 and Windows Movie Maker, DO they detect the camera!

    Someone who can help me? Please? 🙂

    Edward Troxel replied 20 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Edward Troxel

    November 14, 2005 at 4:37 pm

    Ok, looks like that is just a standard DV camera. Connect via firewire and use the EXTERNAL capture program. The external one is for standard DV. The internal capture is for HDV.

    Once you open the external capture program, go to Options – Preferences and select the necessary options. Once that is done, it should pick up the camera just like the other programs do.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Laredo

    November 25, 2005 at 11:34 pm

    Hi,

    I was wondering if you got your problem with Vegas figured out yet.

    I am having the EXACT same problem as you. When I click on the ‘Capture’ button, nothing happens at all. I also switched off the ‘Use external application for capturing’ (The filepath was leading to Vidcap60.exe) box in the Video preferences. After I did that, the capture screen did show up, but the camera’s still not being detected. I have a Panasonic PV-GS150.

    I have tried a bunch of stuff, but nothing seems to work yet.

    How about with you?

    Thanks!

  • Edward Troxel

    November 26, 2005 at 3:54 am

    The Panasonic PV-GS150 appears to be a MiniDV (SD) camera which would require using the EXTERNAL capture program. Some cameras also require a menu change to switch between firewire in/out.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy