Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro VEGAS 19 Pan/Crop Problem

• VEGAS 19 Pan/Crop Problem

Sam Walker updated 2 months, 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 7 Posts
  • Sean Michael

March 12, 2022 at 6:11 pm

I’m having a strange Pan/Crop problem with VEGAS 19. (I’m running Build 532, the latest version.)

I use the event PAN/CROP feature frequently to crop 4k files and create track motion. Sometimes everything works as expected.

But recently the pan/crop sometimes is LOCKED in place. It’s impossible to pan/crop. It’s also impossible to move along any axis. I’ve tried adjusting all of the pan/crop controls (Size About Center, Lock Aspect Ratio, etc.) and these adjustments do not make any difference.

If I reboot the entire program it usually re-enables Pan/Crop, at least for a short while. Then it locks again. I can’t figure out why it suddenly stops working.

• Setiawan Kartawidjaja

March 12, 2022 at 11:48 pm

Perhaps try resetting your VP19?

1. Close VEGAS Pro
    2. Press CTRL+SHIFT on your keyboard while double-clicking the program’s shortcut icon on the desktop to launch it *.
    3. Continue holding CTRL+SHIFT down until you see a window that asks “Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?
    4. Place a checkmark next to “Delete all cached application data” and then click “Yes“.
    5. For older products, continue to hold the CTRL & SHIFT keys until the program is fully loaded.
  • Edward Troxel

March 14, 2022 at 3:26 pm

Sean, I’ve not personally noticed this (and I use Pan/Crop quite a bit in my editing) – also on build 532. Would love to help you figure out why it is happening. If you want to send me a short video showing what is happening or some screenshots, that would help.

Would also like to discuss some other aspects with you if you’d reach out to me. Really enjoy your youtube channel!

• Sean Michael

March 25, 2022 at 5:10 pm

Thank you Setiawan, I will give this approach a try if matters get desperate. I would regret losing all of my other settings though.

• Sean Michael

March 25, 2022 at 5:14 pm

Hi Edward, I’d be happy to collaborate sometime. This is a problem that seems to happen regularly on the latest build of VEGAS 19. The solution right now seems to be rebooting the entire project. After a fresh reboot, Pan/Crop will work for a while as intended — but the problem inevitably surfaces again after a while. Thanks for your comments, I would be able to post videos more frequently if I didn’t hit these time-killing issues! I may start outsourcing more of the editing in the near future because it has really been affecting our upload schedule.

• Edward Troxel

March 27, 2022 at 12:52 pm

There’s a newer build – 550 – now.

Sean, you can e-mail me at editdv at jetdv.com

• Sam Walker

April 4, 2022 at 12:22 pm

Because of your earlier VP18 issues and ones you are having in 19 . . . Out of curiosity, what are the stats for your system as far as

Windows version
    CPU
    Video Card and amount of ram on the card
    System memory and virtual memory settings?
    Dynamic RAM preview settings

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy