Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Vegas 16 and 17 crashing constantly while editing on timeline

• Vegas 16 and 17 crashing constantly while editing on timeline

Diane Sosnoski updated 10 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • Jackie Luffy

January 12, 2020 at 9:50 pm

Hey guys I have a very difficult problem with Vegas, I’ve tried 16, and 17 and noticed that everytime I try and playback the videos (mp4) files Vegas will just stop working and crash, it happens mainly the moment I press the pause button under the preview window while im playing something back and then everything freezes, I get the (not responding) and it just hangs there until I click somewhere and the screen goes white and windows has to close the program

I uninstalled Xvid codec thinking that may be the problem, I have tried turning off the GPU for my nvidia graphics card and using it still no difference, I even changed how much ram is used in vegas, i have 32 gigs of ram and tried 20 gigs, and 16, still no difference, and lastly I figured maybe a different version of Vegas would work but no both versions still do the exact same thing, thank you for any help in advance

• Steve Rhoden

January 13, 2020 at 12:44 am

A codec is not necessarily your problem. Do yo have a lot of other software installed on your system?
    What you are experiencing is sometimes due to Vegas conflicting with something installed on the system, something running in the background or a bad driver somewhere.
    Try removing all Vegas related tools you have installed and after rebooting, install Vegas Pro 17 alone. Yeah its cumbersome, i know, but you need to find a solution for your problem.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
    Film Maker & VFX Artist.
    Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
    Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
    https://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

• Jackie Luffy

January 13, 2020 at 3:26 am

Thank you I will try this out and see how it goes!

• Joost Zeeveneegelbeek

April 15, 2020 at 2:06 pm

Hi Jackie,

Could you tell me whether running only Vegas on your system solved all your problems? I have the same problem. That’s why I am interested.

TA
    JJ

• Diane Sosnoski

April 15, 2020 at 5:58 pm

I’m running Vegas 14 on Windows 10 and having the same problem. Crashing every 10 minutes or less, having to rename the project after every crash. It’s getting impossible to edit.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy