Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Broadcasting UVW-1400 Beta SP deck – tracking adjustment question

• UVW-1400 Beta SP deck – tracking adjustment question

David Stringer updated 4 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • David Stembridge

November 5, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I have a deck I’m using to digitize some of my older news tapes. Had a bit of a tracking issue seen here: https://youtu.be/x0C4WaG6B_4

There’s a switch on the SS-61 board for adjusting (SS-53 on the UVW-1800) that allows adjustments of tracking. The service manual says to push reset (NO) button the after after adjusting tracking and the video tracking is reset to the tracking center position.

Seems to reset though after powering down.

Any clues on locking in the adjustment I made? I was able to completely clean up the image through a minor adjustment. Would like to lock in that adjustment.

Not a lot of areas to find people familiar with these, It’s very similar to the UVW-1800.

-another fine day at
    GreenPeas Productions
    http://www.greenpeas.us
    <“)))))><

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

• David Stringer

November 28, 2015 at 1:30 am

It looks like maybe tape-path out of wack. Since the machine is older, I would guess the exit guide is a little low. When no one was looking, I would use the graphite tip of a pencil to lift the tape a tiny bit higher on the guide and see if that fixed the problem. It sounds like you have a service manual, and the tape path adjustment procedure should be in it. Since you’re not doing new recordings, there is no real shame in using any one of your tapes as the “alignment tape”. You should use a scope and do it right, but if moving the guide a bit fixes the problem, no one needs to know…

David

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy