Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Update: Sony Vegas 12 Pro flickering observed in rendered output

• Update: Sony Vegas 12 Pro flickering observed in rendered output

Bob Peterson updated 8 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 5 Posts
  • Nigel O’Neill

March 12, 2013 at 10:46 am

I logged my render flickering issue with Sony on March 1 and I notice that the issue was escalated to development on March 6. Looks like they have been able to reproduce it and are (hopefully) working on a fix.

The support ticket is 130301-000009.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 11 (x32/x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

• Steve Rhoden

March 12, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Thats good.

Steve Rhoden
    (Cow Leader)
    Film Editor & Compositor.
    Filmex Creative Media.
    https://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
    1-876-832-4956

• Bob Peterson

March 12, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I also reported it about a week ago. They are still working through the “reinstall it” and “delete thumbnails” steps which have done no good. I wonder why they have not recognized the same problem in my report. Let’s hope they get it fixed soon since I am convinced that there is no work around for it.

• Ken Bennett

March 12, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I have had something like that but it was more of a strobbing effect where it would flash between vid track 1 and 2 every frame. It was caused by the Sony Sharpen filter when used with any other filter for NewBlueFX or Marcalli.

I used NBFX’s sharpen filter ans all was fine.

Ken Bennett
    Video Adventures
    Capturing Your Life’s Adventures!

• Bob Peterson

March 13, 2013 at 4:06 pm

This is nothing like a filter. In my tests, it is produced only when rendering a file via Mainconcept mpeg-2. A single source file with the right content will trigger the error. It will do so even though Vegas does nothing to the file other than rendering a, in my tests, DV file to mpeg-2.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy