Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › unstable pixels after applying Keylight 2.0 in FCP7…

  • Nick Natteau

    September 20, 2011 at 4:35 am

    Hi Michael,

    My sequence codec is Apple ProRes 1080p24 (shot in AVCHD 1080p24 on a Panasonic AF100).
    Then “Export using Quicktime Conversion” at Best Quality (H.264) to upload to Vimeo.

  • Michael Gissing

    September 20, 2011 at 4:40 am

    If you are seeing pixelation in the ProRes file that isn’t part of the foreground image or the green screen image then that is surprising. I would do a test using the green screen keyer in Motion to see if it does a better job. If it is the same then the suspect is source footage.

    A better approach for H264 is to export a quicktime movie (self contained current settings) and do the vimeo speced H264 in Compressor.

  • Nick Natteau

    September 22, 2011 at 3:38 pm

    Hi Michael,

    Just did a number of tests in Motion 5 and I must say I’m amazed at Motion 5’s built-in chromakeyer. I’m getting even better results than I ever did with Keylight 2.0, with only a couple clicks. I’ll be posting my latest test later today. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks again for your help.

  • Nick Natteau

    September 24, 2011 at 5:00 pm

    Hi Michael,

    Regarding my continuing issue with noisy pixels around the rim of my Keylight 2.0 composite, I uploaded a short (3 second) clip for you here:

    NOISY PIXELS

    Can you just tinker with it and tell me what you recommend?

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy