Unrealistic performance issues because of audio
Hello everyone! I’m experiencing the weirdest but most annoying Premiere ‘thing’ in my 10 years of Premiere usage. I tried to sum up the issue I’m experiencing as shortly as possible. Please help!
Step 1.: I make a project on my computer, import everything, start editing, it runs perfectly. 0 fps drop, everything starts playing 0.01 sec after pressing the play button.
Step 2.: I copy the full project to my other PC. I finish the edit there.
Step 3.: I copy the full project back to my original PC. Now it plays at a maximum of 2 fps, and there is a 20s delay after I press the play button, UNLESS I delete all the audio from the audio layers. If I do that than it plays perfectly. So I either have to edit without audio (out of the question), or without ever pressing the play button (even more out of the question). When scrubbing, it’s as smooth as it can get.
Additional info: I don’t believe hardware specs are relevant here. The projects are wedding films, roughly 500 GB of footage (h265 s-log3 4k 60fps and 30fps), but I use proxies (medium quality, h264). Yes, I copy the proxies as well. I tried partially deleting the audio, the performance issue disappears only if more than 80% of all audio is deleted from the timeline. I use the same Premiere Pro versions on both PC-s. Windows 10.