Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Undistort 360 video

• Undistort 360 video

• James Buckle

August 19, 2022 at 4:26 am

Hello! Hoping someone can help me, is there any existing effect or 3rd party plugin in AE that will help me undistort this 360 footage of a bridge so there arent curved lines and it looks more like a wide panoramic shot. I am hoping to stretch it out to go across multiple screens and look more flat (think spherical world globe being flattened to look like a normal world map) see cityscape panorama image for desired effect

• Walter Soyka

August 19, 2022 at 5:19 pm

You can use either the built-in VR Sphere to Plane effect (2D, with camera controls built into the plugin), or the built-in CC Environment effect (3D, responsive to the comp camera).

• James Buckle

August 25, 2022 at 1:22 pm

Hey Walter thanks for the Reply.
    I tried both these methods but didnt achieve the desired result. I would still like to keep the 360 wideness of the shot but remove the distortion from above and below the horizon line. any thoughts?

• Walter Soyka

August 25, 2022 at 5:21 pm

Use CC Environment in an extra-wide comp. Use a wide FOV for the camera. Tweak the Lens Distortion parameter in CC Environment. You can do some additional manual distortion correction with the Bezier Warp or Mesh Warp effects.

• Pierre Jasmin

August 25, 2022 at 8:17 pm

Flor 3rd party, you can try RE:Lens from http://www.revisionfx.com
    That would be the plug-in FromLatLong within the package if I understand your question.

Pierre

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy