- November 19, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Wondering what framrates you are getting with UHD/59.94FPS. I’m not able to get more then 48FPS. The source media is F55 and FS7. The F55 is RAW and the FS7 is XAVC.
Two different systems…
– a Mac Can 12-core, D700 32GB RAM, w/ BMD Ultra Studio 3D, Stornext SAN w/8gb Fibre
– an HP z820, dual 6-core Titan Black, 128GB RAM. Resolve 12 Studio. BMD Ultrastudio 4K, fast SAS raid.
Anyhow, does not seem to be a GPU issue, but who knows? I can decode RED RAW 4K max quality at 24fps. Is it just the higher frame rates? I’m guessing the Sony RAW decode is CPU only? Would love to hear what people are doing to get realtime playback of UHD @ 59.94.
- November 19, 2015 at 8:47 pm
Just so you know, XAVCi is a bear… It has not been optimized in Adobe Premiere, and it suffers from horrendously poor playback performance. I’m certain you’re seeing the same thing in Resolve. Transcoding to a high performance codec, such as ProRes 422 or HQ is unfortunately the best workaround.
David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.
- November 19, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Thank you David. Proxies it is.
Log in to reply.