Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › Trouble editing HDV 1080 quicktime movie on PC premier pro

  • Trouble editing HDV 1080 quicktime movie on PC premier pro

    Posted by Thuy linh Ha on October 22, 2012 at 7:12 am

    I have a punch of HDV 1080 quicktime video captured on mac – transfer ro dual WD hardrive. No idea how to check what CODEC the files is. I imported the quicktime movie files onto premier pro cs6 window version. it only read audio. I have quick time 7 and it play the quicktime movie files fine.
    How do find out what Codec is my file? what do I need to do to have video to edit? I’m really green at all of this codec stuff

    Nevin Styre replied 13 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Nevin Styre

    October 22, 2012 at 6:50 pm

    the only way is to purchase XDDecode from calibrated software.

    Other than that your only other option would be to load the files on a mac then transcode them to a different format that can be read on PC without buying software (ie prores).

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy