-
Trimming Master Source File
Does anyone know how to take a master source file that was recorded on the KiPro (prores422) and trim it or cut it up in to multiple files without re-compressing both video or audio so that it stays a master.
I use FCP 6. My assumption is to bring in to final cut, drag file in to a new sequence, let the sequence match video settings, then do a file > export movie and save as a self-contained movie. The problem I’m seeing in this process is that I have to render the audio. It appears that the video is not being rendered, which in my assumption means that there is no compression taking place. However, the audio is being rendered for mixdown. It seems that when you pull the file in to new sequence it changes the video settings to match the clip, but not the audio settings. I realize that the kipro records audio to 24bit and so I’ve changed my sequence setting to 24bit and played around with the audio config settings, but FCP still does a mixdown of the audio.
Is it possible to trim or cut up the Master source file or am I stuck with what was recorded? For background, the kipro is recording a 3 camera live switched event from a panny switcher. The event is live to disk, but then trimmed in post to upload to the net. Therefore some pre & post roll is being recorded, but for archiving purposes I want to trim off some of that pre and post roll as it is not necessary for archiving.
Any help would be appreciated.
Forgive me if my post is to long and to detailed. This is my first post on the COW. Thanks in advance.
———–
Jim Flores
Austin, TX
me@jimflores.tv