Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Translating 1 set of measurements to another…

• Translating 1 set of measurements to another…

• Jordan Woodworth

April 4, 2020 at 9:21 pm

Hope this isn’t a stumper, and that I can properly explain my issue…and that the first part doesn’t scare people away.

I’m programming macros into my Atem switcher and I’m trying to mimic the movements of an After Effects animation. The problem is I can’t directly translate the position and scale numbers from AE into the code for the macro on my switcher. For instance, on the macro code the video scales from 1 down to .68. Easy enough to translate that from AE showing 100% scaling down to 68%. But I’m also changing values on a crop in the switcher, which would mimic the scaling of my alpha channel in AE. For instance the top of the crop in the macro’s code goes from 0 to 3.69. And in AE this is about 100% to 75%.

So my question I guess would be, how can I make it so AE numbers match numbers that I need to enter as my code? How can 100% scale in AE actually show me “0” and when I scale it down to 75% it will show me 3.69? There must be some math in an expression that would make this possible?

Thanks!

• Walter Soyka

April 6, 2020 at 2:29 pm

Jordan, here’s a quick Excel sheet to help you translate from Ae number ranges to ATEM number ranges:

14077_linearinterpolation.xlsx.zip

Walter Soyka
    Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    @keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy