Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Transfer to HDCam from ProRes 422 (HQ) files

  • Transfer to HDCam from ProRes 422 (HQ) files

    Posted by Matt Lewis on May 2, 2011 at 4:43 pm

    I have to create an HDCam print of a project and I want to make sure I’m using the best workflow for a high quality print.

    The original footage was shot on a Canon 7D and is 1920×1080, 23.98fps. We then used Compressor to convert the footage to ProRes 422 (HQ) and edited the ProRes in FCP. For the best quality HDCam print, do I simply export a stand-alone .MOV from the ProRes timeline and deliver this to the transfer house?

    This is my first time dealing with HDCam and transfer houses, so my apologies if I left any information out or made any glaring errors. Thanks for your help.

    -Matt

    Shane Ross replied 15 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy