Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Adobe Premiere Pro To create a moving fill in text

  • To create a moving fill in text

    Posted by Sam Beringer on August 26, 2005 at 1:40 pm

    I know this is a simple one Im overlooking. But how do you create a moving fill in a matte text ! ??

    any help would be nice

    Tim Kolb replied 18 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Steven L. gotz

    August 26, 2005 at 6:24 pm

    Gradient wipes are one way to do that. Use a custom gradient in the letter.

    Another way is to use track mattes in motion. If you have After Effects 6.5 then you should have an effect for Write-On which can be used as well. There are lots of ways to skin that cat.

    Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5.1 / After Effects 6.5 Pro
    Learning Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5
    Contributing Writer, PeachPit Press, Visual QuickPro Guide, Premiere Pro 1.5

  • Tim Kolb

    August 27, 2005 at 4:56 pm

    I would personally opt for a track matte.

    I’d make my title as white letters on a black (not transparent) back ground…use the rectangle tool to make a black rectangle that completely covers the background, then the white text on top…full white, no outlines or shadows.

    Then I’d make the fill…whatever that would be in Photoshop as a large document and set up a track matte where the title was the tracking matte…HOWEVER,

    ….be sure to put your fill/key source document on it’s own sequence and do the move first…then use that sequence as the key source in the track matte key.

    If you use the document directly, the matte will move with it.


    Kolb Syverson Communications,
    Creative Cow Host,
    2004-2005 NAB Post Production Conference
    Premiere Pro Technical Chair,
    Author, “The Easy Guide to Premiere Pro”
    “Premiere Pro Fast Track DVD Series”

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy