Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

• Titles

• Ross Spears

April 6, 2020 at 7:43 pm

I have been an AVOD user since 1997 or before, and I have never had trouble with titles before.

Now I am making a short film with AVID MC 8.8.5. I need to change one of my end titles to put in the proper name. BUT each time I click on the title card, I get a message to ” install New Blue Titler for projects of this size.” When I try to install it asked me for $299.99 (discount from $499.00) What’s going on????

Can someone explain this to me.

Ross Spears

Never Give Up

• Michael Phillips

April 6, 2020 at 9:12 pm

Chances are you are in a greater than HD resolution project. Title Tool only works up to HD. Blue Titler was an interim stop-gap solution to allow HD+ size titles to be created. Titler+ was added in more recent versions of Media Composer to deal with HD+ resolution title creation, but it has its share of hit and miss as well if you read the forums.

This was added in 2018.12:

https://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/How_To/How-to-create-a-title-with-the-new-Titler

Michael

• Michael Phillips

April 6, 2020 at 9:12 pm

A workaround is to change your project to HD, make your titles and go back to whatever it was. There may be softening as a resize is being applied.

Michael

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy