- January 11, 2020 at 9:19 pm
I have a laptop im trying to get the best performance out of for Vegas 16. I have an HDMI plugged into my TV and using the laptop monitor to display the playback to get proper colors. I’ve noticed performance has really been struggling. I’m not really that “tech savy”. If anyone could help me get the settings in Vegas to get the best performance i would appreciate it.
Here’s my laptop specs.
MSI GP73 8RE
Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.2GHz
64 bit Windows 10
GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
- January 12, 2020 at 8:14 am
Firstly look at Windows Task Manager > Processes tab
Observe whether any unknown processes hogging CPU leaving less processing power for Vegas.
- January 27, 2020 at 4:06 am
There was nothing else running, everything that was not important i stopped. And still have a very sluggish program.
I have tried to uninstall and reinstall with a fresh slate, and going to try playing with footage now.
- January 27, 2020 at 11:35 am
1. Analyse whether any other (particularly cpu intensive) program is also sluggish.
2. If you do not have SSD then defragment drive.
3. Long shot – do you have dormant RAID controller on motherboard? Check BIOS. If so, an additional drive with Vegas installed on that rather than Windows will help.
4. Try free Eusing Registry or similar cleaner.
Log in to reply.