Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects time remapping in 6.5, layer doesn’t extend to infinite

• time remapping in 6.5, layer doesn’t extend to infinite

• Graham Quince

June 20, 2005 at 2:09 pm

Hmmm, i’ve come across a slightly irritating problem, and i wonder if its a setting that can be changed. i’ve recently upgraded to 6.5 and one of the things thaty seem different is that when i enable Time Remapping on a video layer, the possible length of layer doesn’t extend off the screen. i can time remap within the layer’s original length but can’t see how to make the whole thing longer?

Does anyone have any ideas???

Graham

• Steve Roberts

June 20, 2005 at 2:30 pm

Have you tried lengthening the host comp?

Steve

• Filip Vandueren

June 20, 2005 at 11:05 pm

Did you time-stretch the layer before you enabled Time-remapping ?
    The maximum length of a solid, still or time-remapped layer is indeed always the length of the comp (or the footage-duration if that’s longer), but that value get’s multiplied by the speed setting you’ve applied to the video.

• Graham Quince

June 21, 2005 at 8:07 am

I did stretch the layer, but found that the time remap keyframes also extended. I’d be more than happy for the time-remapped layer to be the length of the comp, but unfortunately it falls short.

It’s just strange because 6.0 didn’t do this 🙁

Graham

• Filip Vandueren

June 21, 2005 at 11:39 am

You’re better off setting the speed back to 100 % and then adjusting your keyframes to achieve the same (fester) effect.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy