Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Time remapping

• Posted by Victoria Murphy on April 1, 2005 at 12:43 am

re Time remapping: Can you recommend a good tutorial? I have been working with the Visual Quickpro Guide and it is not enough. Also, is time remapping in FCPHD as stubborn as I think it is? i.e., if I slow down a section of a clip I necessarily have to speed up another section? Brenneis was discussing a work around for this (p. 549 of the “for mac OS10 edition”) but I couldn’t get it to work.

David Bogie replied 18 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Kevin Monahan

April 1, 2005 at 2:13 am

Check out my book for a full chapter on speed fx and two tutorials on how to use the Speed Tool for time remapping. (click my sig file).

Also, an article on my site explains the nuts and bolts. https://www.fcpworld.com/fcpfx_2.htm

Kevin Monahan
    Author – Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro
    fcpworld.com

• Victoria Murphy

April 1, 2005 at 2:26 am

Will do. Thanks.

• Bill

April 1, 2005 at 4:54 am

just a word to the wise about time remapping keep the clip as short as possible. you may even want to export the bits you are remapping as individual clips. the less handle you have the better you can tweak it.

• David Bogie

April 1, 2005 at 3:34 pm

Full disclosure: I do not know Kevin, never met the guy. I don’t know where he lives and I don’t know his phone number. He’s nevre even offered to buy lunch.

Unsolicited critical acclaim: Buy Kevin’s book. Buy it yesterday. It is a valuable investment in your future joy.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy