-
Time Remapping
Hi there. I’m trying to do a motion effect to smoothly slow a clip from normal speed down to a still frame. Cliched I know, but appropriate for the story. I know in theory what to do (yes, I have read the manual) but in practise I’m finding it a nightmare to do. I’m working with the clip in a seperate sequence, I’ve keyframed the start frame and the frame I want it to freeze on, it should just be a question of smoothing the slowdown, but the bezier handles just don’t allow enough accuracy and I always end up with weird speed up/slow down effects. Or even worse it ends up going backwards briefly. Yay. It seems like it should be relatively simple. I’m on FCP 6.
What do other people do in this situation? I really like FCP, but I’ve always found variable time remapping an absolute nightmare to get accurate. Any suggestions?