Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems Tiger, FCP Studio, AJA thoughts and flaw..

• Tiger, FCP Studio, AJA thoughts and flaw..

• Jalal Jemison

July 27, 2005 at 10:25 pm

So I just upgraded to FCP 5 Studio and Tiger, now I have a few comments.

So, most all of my Apps recognize the IO. From Final Cru Pro I can digitize audio via the AJA with no problem, but that is the way it should be. In Motion I can see the video, but don’t have any audio. In Soundtrack there is no audio when digitizing or playing back, BUT if I add a video clip to the timline it will playback audio via the IO.

So I am still confused about the power of the AJA without core audio support. I have been trying to find a way not to buy another piece of hardwar or media converter, since the IO is missing some major freatures. I really need monitoring audio hardware. I have been waiting and waiting for these features, I bought one of the first IO’s that came out… Also doesn’t the lack of core audio support makes the AJA ProIO control Panel almost useless?

Are their any audio apps that can use the IO to record and monitor audio? Sounds like not. I am somewhat bummed since I really need a program to digitize, edit, monitor audio. Soundtrack Pro is great, all I need, but the IO can’t digitize from it. I can do this via Final Cut Pro, but it is somewhat of a bitch, since I then have to take all the digitized audio and bring it over to Sound Track Pro.

I’m not going to buy a Pro Tools Mbox, since it has hardware I already have..

Can we somehow put the fire to Apple’s ass to give the IO core audio support??

-j

• Mark Beazley

July 29, 2005 at 4:28 am

Ahhhh, the old dilemma of wanting something designed exclusively for video work, to work doing audio only…I feel your pain, but on the other hand, think that getting another hardware box designed for pro audio would be a better idea. Since the Io only has 4 channels of audio input, to me it seems somewhat limited to use as a pro audio device. I’d look into the MOTU firewire devices, not only do they do what you want, but they handle much higher sampling than the Io and with more channels of i/o.

As far as monitoring, the Io does have 8ch output monitoring, but without a real nice surround setup it seems like overkill. I do not have FCP 5 and the rest of the new studio goodies, but I thought FCP5 was able to use all 8 channels on the Io for output routing.

-mark

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy