Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › DaVinci Resolve › This is basic. Send 23.98 sequence from Fcpxml, Resolve sends 24.0 XML to fcp7.

  • Joseph Owens

    March 1, 2013 at 10:57 pm

    I’m getting 29.97 projects back as 30 fps, and the cut-n-paste workaround is not my idea of a bug fix.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    March 1, 2013 at 10:58 pm

    [Joseph Owens] “I’m getting 29.97 projects back as 30 fps, and the cut-n-paste workaround is not my idea of a bug fix.”

    If you change the NTSC flag in your XML from false to true, does it work for you?

  • Joseph Owens

    March 3, 2013 at 7:02 pm

    In the (Resolve) generated XML for the return trip, do you mean?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    March 3, 2013 at 7:10 pm

    The answer is yes, changing the flag to “true” does yield a 29.97 returned sequence, even though a couple of lines up from there the frame rate is 30.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Jeremy Garchow

    March 3, 2013 at 7:23 pm

    The frame rate is always a base 24, 30, 60.

    The NTSC flag signifies 23.976, 29.97, 59.94, etc.

    If this is the only flag being misrepresented, it may be the bug. I had a chance to test it all the way through, though.

    At any rate, it should be fixed by blackmagic.

  • Paul Provost

    March 3, 2013 at 7:41 pm

    Ok so Resolve is changing the xml ntsc/true flag to false on import into resolve then.

    http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA
    http://www.facebook.com/4kFinish

  • Jeremy Garchow

    March 3, 2013 at 8:27 pm

    *edit

    That’s what I’m seeing.

    I think that’s what jpo is seeing.

    But I haven’t followed all the flags all the way through to see if it makes a difference, because if that one is wrong, are the rest of them wrong? Does it make a difference in playback?

    Not enough hours in the day…

    *I can’t type

  • Jeremy Garchow

    March 11, 2013 at 4:42 pm

    This is pretty messed up.

    Other clips getting flagged as 24.0 as well.

    I have to check all NTSC flags.

    Jeremy

  • Robert Due

    March 11, 2013 at 4:51 pm

    I do agree that it is a bug that should be fixed by BMD. I also check my cut and paste method and it worked for me. (Mileage may vary)

    I was dealing with one type of ftg. (RED) Perhaps mixed media results in frame rate issues. I have had footage from an Avid project that was 23.976 originally get rendered by Resolve as 24 fps on the roundtrip.

    I know the cut and paste method isn’t a good fix, but it seems to work for me – until the bug gets fixed, that is.

    Robert Due
    Editor / Colorist
    INDEPENDENT EDIT
    DaVinci 9.1.1
    OSX 10.7.5
    MacPro 8-core 4,1 2.93 Ghz
    8GB RAM
    Nvidia GT120/GTX570 (CUDA 5.0.36)
    Decklink Extreme3D+
    Panny BT-LH1710P/ Panny BT-LH2600W
    Tangent Wave

  • Andrew Smith

    March 25, 2013 at 3:06 am

    This bug is a HUGE problem! Maybe BMD doesn’t respond hear anymore? Also seeing this issue in 29.97 vs 30 from fcp7 xml – how can this be allowed to be released with such huge glaring bugs? Even worse not tell users about bugs you aware of so we can avoid client disasters.

    I just don’t get it. I have seen some big resolve 9 bugs in many versions – 9.0.4 got rid of a big one which had XML from fcp7 r3d jobs multiple frames off but now mixed frame rates in 9.1.1 is a huge pain…I want know how such a huge bug can be allowed?? BMD I know you are aware of the bugs so can you please respond to dongle owning professionals?

Page 2 of 3

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy