Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Maxon Cinema 4D Thinking Particles – Getting 1 Particle to follow an Object to create a ripple on Surface

• Thinking Particles – Getting 1 Particle to follow an Object to create a ripple on Surface

• Anthony

April 14, 2005 at 9:57 pm

Hi, I am trying to link a number of single particles to the center of a number of spheres so that when the spheres pass through a plane i can generate ripples using the ripple shader in the displacement channel of the plane material. I am having difficulty understanding how to grab the position data of these particles and attach them to the center of the spheres. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

• Brian Jones

April 14, 2005 at 11:21 pm
  • Anthony

April 14, 2005 at 11:30 pm

thanks, i had checked out this tutorial as a possible solution, but i need to have quite a few riplpes that can interact with each other as well. I figured out how to attach a particle to the center of an object with the volumeposition node in xpresso, but i cannot seem to get the single particle to create ripples in the surface. I read elsewhere that i need to drop the particle geometry object into the ripple effect box, but this seems to have no effect for me..

using the same material, but switching to a basic emitter instead seems to work just fine.. its just the TP emitter/particle i am having trouble with..

• Brian Jones

April 15, 2005 at 1:15 am

I see. Check this out.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy