- December 4, 2009 at 6:00 pm
1st off…not real happy about having to use BetaSP in the 1st place but the studio that broadcasts a show we provide content for still plays the entire show off beta. Same workflow for the past 15 years…with out ONE upgrade…and yet they make a huge sum of money each season! Can’t wait until I get to “Office Space” this deck! (Think…Slo-mo & baseball bats…hmmmmmm, get a smile just thinking about it)
Anyways, thats my rant, here is my question. We sent our BetaSP Deck (PVW-2800) out for a repair, error code 09, got it back and I seem to be having an issue holding sync after I reconnected the deck. I’m guessing this is operator error as the last time I connected it was over 2 years ago and everything had been working great then. The machine connected to the deck is a Mac Pro, with an AJA KonaLhe, we give it a ref signal with a BM mini converter sync generator.
Here is my problem. After we have layed video to tape, when we playback the tape we are getting some bumps and partial flips in the video for the 1st 3-5 seconds. We also have played other studios betaSP tapes & tapes that we layed off in our previous season in the deck and get a bump/flip for just the 1st second. It’s there, but not as bad as our tapes we have recorded on the deck.
Please correct my setup where you see any issues:
1. I am sending the deck the Video through the componant out of the Kona
2. Giving the deck sync from the BM sync Gen to the Ref Video input with the Ω75 turned ON. Is this correct?
3. I have the Ref. IN of the Kona card connected to the BM sync gen.
4. On the BM sync gen I have the tabs set to what I think is NTSC. ALL 8 tabs UP? The graph on the back of the unit shows that 4-8 should be down in the OFF row. BUT on the actual tabs down is ON. I have tried it also with 4-8 in the ON position to match the look of the graph but still gets the same bumps & fliping effect.
The machine the deck is connected to:
Mac Pro 2.66 4core
AJA Kona Lhe
I appreciate any help, please forgive my ignorance with this giant dinosaur that takes up way to much room in the suite. Feel free to smirk, yell, & belittle…just follow it up with some suggestion. 🙂
- December 5, 2009 at 5:01 am
your answer is in the blackmagic forum. check your AJA Control Panel for the genlock setting.
Log in to reply.