Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › Suddenly slooooooow exports with 4K footage

  • Suddenly slooooooow exports with 4K footage

    Posted by Mark Beal on April 1, 2015 at 5:25 pm

    Early 2009 Mac Pro
    2×2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    16 GB ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB
    Applications are on one drive, media is on a second and I’m exporting to a third, all internal

    I’m working on a project that uses 4K footage from a GH4. I have 6 sequences in the project. Most of the sequences are at native resolution, a couple of them are set to 1080p. I’m exporting all of them as 1080p ProRes 422(HQ). The exports are insanely slow — 5 minutes per frame. I’ve been doing similar projects on this computer without the slow exports.

    I’ve emptied cache, made sure “Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously” and turned off other programs, which pretty much exausts my level of expertise.

    Mark A. Beal
    http://www.embrace-the-weird.com

    Mark Beal replied 11 years, 6 months ago 52,555 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Mark Beal

    April 2, 2015 at 9:51 pm

    At first I thought Pixel Motion Blur, but removing that seemed to have no effect. Are freeze frames a time suck? Every one of the comps has at least one layer that is a freeze from a 4K clip. If that’s the problem, I could just export a single frame and use the still image.

    Mark A. Beal
    http://www.embrace-the-weird.com

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy