The last look at PI you’ve seen was an NAB clip that Elvis posted here. We’ve made big strides since then, but there’s quite a bit left to do. Here’s some info on what’s new and where we are:
– 64-bit now
– Modern UI
– Integrated emitter search (it sort of feels like libraries don’t exist anymore — so nice!)
– Reorganized and cleaned up emitter libraries
– Performance should be better, but we don’t have specifics yet.
– Render quality should be improved, especially with motion blur enabled
– Exists as a plug-in for Adobe, Apple, Avid, and OFX hosts (including Resolve, Vegas, and Nuke)
– Will be included with Continuum 12
– Release by mid-October (possibly earlier)
– Standalone version (that does not require a host app) release date uncertain, but probably a couple of months after that. (Depends on several factors)
Beta test of the plug-in version should be starting in the next 3-4 weeks, so if you’d like to help us test the new PI, please email me directly!
More details, screengrabs, videos, etc. coming soon, but please let me know if you have any specific questions. I know I haven’t been responsive here lately but that’s because I wasn’t getting post notifications. Hopefully that’s fixed!