Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

  • Posted by Inqyart on August 16, 2007 at 12:35 pm

    This question may sound silly, so I apologize. How do I hear sound in After Effects 7.0? I’m making a stop-animation set to music, and it’s literally impossible to do without being able to hear the sound — but no matter what I do, I can never hear it until I render the whole thing out.

    Inqyart replied 19 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kevin Camp

    August 16, 2007 at 1:28 pm

    you should be able to here the audio on a ram preview, if needed you can always shorten your work area to quickly render our small sections you are working on… hit the ‘b’ key to set the begining and the ‘n’ key set the end of the work area — note make suer you set the workarea back to the full duration of the comp (or area you want to render) otherwise you will only render the workarea.

    you can also hit the decimal point on the numeric keypad to hear just the audio. this is useful when used in conjunction with hitting the asterisk on the numeric keypad to add markers to your layer at the points that something needs to happen.

    also you can hold the command (mac) or control (pc) key down while scrubbing thru the timeline to hear audio as you scrub.

    there is also a wave form that you can view (not the greatest, but its there). twirl down the attirbutes for your audio layer, then twirl the audio, and then waveform. if you zoom in on the timeline you’ll be able to see the waveform better, but it’s still not as useful as it could be.

    Kevin Camp
    Designer – KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

  • Inqyart

    August 16, 2007 at 1:36 pm

    Thank you very much. The RAM preview worked beautifully. 🙂

    I have another silly question! It sounds fine in the RAM preview, but when I render it all out, the music … skips. I don’t know how else to explain it. It catches on every few words and repeats itself. Is there a way to fix that??

  • Inqyart

    August 16, 2007 at 3:34 pm

    Okay, I’ll try that. 🙂 Thank you!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy