Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Sony Vegas Pro 8.0b Startup Crash

  • Sony Vegas Pro 8.0b Startup Crash

    Posted by Mike Onufrei on March 30, 2009 at 12:41 am

    Ok, so my problem is as follows: A couple days ago I edited some footage with my friend in it together with some footage from a divx movie file. The footage of my friend was .mp4 format, and all seemed to work stellar, except when I rendered the project I got a video file that was black and had no sound in it. That however, is not the problem. The problem is that when I attempt to open said .veg project now, I get the following error:

    Sony Vegas Pro 8.0
    Version 8.0b (Build 217)
    Exception 0xC0000094 (integer divide by zero) IP:0x1131CF49
    In Module ‘mcmp4plug.dll’ at Address 0x11230000 + 0xECF49
    Thread: ProgMan ID=0x1534 Stack=0x630E000-0x6310000
    Registers:
    EAX=00000000 CS=0023 EIP=1131cf49 EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=0c837474 SS=002b ESP=0630ec88 EBP=0c837398
    ECX=00000000 DS=002b ESI=00000002 FS=0053
    EDX=00000000 ES=002b EDI=00000000 GS=002b
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    1131CF49: F7 F1 8B 44 24 0C F7 F1 …D: 8B C2 33 D2 4F 79 4E EB ..3.OyN.
    Stack Dump:
    0630EC88: 00000000
    0630EC8C: 0C837474 0C620000 + 217474
    0630EC90: 11242785 11230000 + 12785 (mcmp4plug.dll)
    0630EC94: 00000002
    0630EC98: 00000000
    0630EC9C: 00000000
    0630ECA0: 00000000
    0630ECA4: 0C837470 0C620000 + 217470
    0630ECA8: 0C837474 0C620000 + 217474
    0630ECAC: 00000000
    0630ECB0: 00000000
    0630ECB4: 0C837398 0C620000 + 217398
    0630ECB8: 0C8373C8 0C620000 + 2173C8
    0630ECBC: 0630F0F0 06210000 + FF0F0
    0630ECC0: 00000000
    0630ECC4: 00000000
    > 0630ECE8: 1123A76D 11230000 + A76D (mcmp4plug.dll)
    > 0630ECF4: 7722039D 77200000 + 2039D (ntdll.dll)
    > 0630ECF8: 75C71270 75C60000 + 11270 (kernel32.dll)
    > 0630ED04: 75C712A0 75C60000 + 112A0 (kernel32.dll)
    > 0630ED58: 75D1E9AD 75C60000 + BE9AD (kernel32.dll)
    > 0630ED5C: 11242F97 11230000 + 12F97 (mcmp4plug.dll)
    > 0630ED94: 11242459 11230000 + 12459 (mcmp4plug.dll)
    > 0630EE34: 009000B0 00400000 + 5000B0 (vegas80.exe)
    > 0630EE38: 00480000 00400000 + 80000 (vegas80.exe)
    > 0630EE3C: 00480000 00400000 + 80000 (vegas80.exe)
    0630EE40: 00000000
    0630EE44: 403E0000
    0630EE48: 02030000 02030000 + 0
    0630EE4C: 000004D4
    > 0630EEB0: 003A0043 00380000 + 20043 (sfwbdmux.dll)
    > 0630EEB4: 0055005C 00400000 + 15005C (vegas80.exe)
    > 0630EEB8: 00650073 00400000 + 250073 (vegas80.exe)
    – – –
    0630FFF0: 00000000
    0630FFF4: 005258F0 00400000 + 1258F0 (vegas80.exe)
    0630FFF8: 00ADA678 00400000 + 6DA678 (vegas80.exe)
    0630FFFC: 00000000

    As I mentioned before, the footage is of my friend and it was supposed to be a gift for his and his girlfriend’s anniversary, but alas, I’ve had to delay my gift giving since no matter what I do I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve even tried a clean install and that did not work. I’m assuming, based on the error description that the problem might be with my mp4 decoder/codec, but I have no idea how to get around this and searching on the net has yielded no answer for me. Therefore, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you for your time,
    Mike O.

    P.s. I’ve tried another project that had .mp4 footage and they aren’t working as well

    Mike Kujbida replied 16 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • John Rofrano

    March 30, 2009 at 12:11 pm

    > I’m assuming, based on the error description that the problem might be with my mp4 decoder/codec, but I have no idea how to get around this and searching on the net has yielded no answer for me.

    A simple search here for the word “DivX” would have gotten your answer from any number of posts that we get week after week:

    Vegas does not support DivX or XviD!

    Stop using it, and your problem will go away.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Mike Onufrei

    March 30, 2009 at 6:20 pm

    Much Appreciated John, and I suppose it goes without saying that it’s impossible to open my project again?

    Thanks again,
    Mike O.

  • John Rofrano

    March 30, 2009 at 7:02 pm

    Actually, you may be able to trick Vegas by substituting your video for non-DivX versions. Use a conversion tool like Super(c) to create an AVI file using DV or some other AVI codec and rename it the same as the original and place it in the same folder as the original (obviously renaming the original file) and perhaps Vegas might just open the project. It’s worth a try.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Mike Onufrei

    March 30, 2009 at 9:46 pm

    Once again, Thank you for the help John; I started the conversion as I type this and hopefully all fares well for my little project.

    Take care,
    Mike O.

  • John Rofrano

    March 31, 2009 at 3:01 am

    Good luck. Let us know if swapping the files fixes it.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Mike Onufrei

    March 31, 2009 at 4:11 am

    John, I can’t thank you enough; the file swap worked beautifully and everything is in working order! 😀

    Greatly greatly greatly appreciated,
    Mike O.

  • John Rofrano

    March 31, 2009 at 1:24 pm

    Awesome! Glad I could help.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Devin Leyden

    November 7, 2009 at 9:35 am

    Hi, I got a strong enough computer to run a good video editing program and picked up a copy of Sony Vegas Pro 8.0. After I downloaded and registered the program, on start up, it gives me a error message that the program encounterd an error and had to be shut down. After a few times watching the program start to load, I noticed it would shut down every time it got to “audio engine.” I am not sure what is wrong and any help would be wonderful.

    If more information is needed just let me know.

    Thanks

    Devin

  • Mike Kujbida

    November 7, 2009 at 2:42 pm

    #1. Even though this appears to be a similar problem, it really isn’t and should be on it’s own thread as you’ll get more responses.

    #2. Upgrade to 8.0c and try again.

    #3. What kind of audio card are you using and are your drivers up to date?

  • Devin Leyden

    November 8, 2009 at 8:15 am

    Thanks Mike. I am new to the forums and I will start a new thread. But I think it is the audio. I don’t have a sound card … yet. I will come payday! I have an Asus Motherboard and my sound is realtek HD integrated on the motherboard.

    To upgrade to 8.0c I would have to launch the program correct? It won’t let me get passed launching the program. Can I upgrade the program without launching the program?

Page 1 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy