SNS SanMP, Tiger, FCP 5, Decklink SP
I have a 3+ TB XRAID that has worked nearly flawlessly for 1 year using SanMP and 3 OSX (Panther) clients (Final Cut 4.5) and 1 Windows XP client. Until recently I installed Tiger and FCP 5 and now I can not capture to the Raid without dropping frames and chugging on capture. The other mac systems (Panther FCP 4.5) that did not upgrade are still capturing fine.
At first I thought the drives were too fragmented but I re-initalized all partitions and it didn’t help. I can capture without dropping frames to the internal drive and to an extrernal firewire drive but when I change my Capture scratch to the SanMP volume it just can’t capture without dropping frames erroring and failing. It’s not the partition either because I can log onto the partition from another client and it works fine.
My guess is something in Tiger and the SANMP software do not like eachother. I have tried my configuration with both the beta Tiger SanMP software and the new hybrid software SANmpMac1.5b29.sit
Anyway if anyone has suggestions (other than going back to Panther) please let me know.