- August 9, 2007 at 7:17 pm
We just purchased Zaxwerks Invigorator PRO and are using Illustrator CS2. The program is awesome, but I am having problems extruding existing logos for our clients. We are a commercial production company, and we are often asked to “spice up” the client’s existing logo for use in the commercial. The main problem (I believe) is properly setting up the logo in Illustrator to bring into Zaxwerks. I keep getting messages that Zaxwerks is not seeing the vector paths. I’m assuming we can import various file types into Illustrator, but we have to export a particular way. Are there any tutorials or past threads on the process of setting up logos for use in Zaxwerks, and is live trace the best way to trace the vector paths in a complicated logo? Thanks in advance!
- August 9, 2007 at 9:44 pm
Here are a couple of rules:
– Uncheck the “Use Compression” box when saving your files.
– Your existing logos may contain unnecessary paths used to fake
shadows, extrusion etc… Get rid of these.
– If your logo contains rasterized elements it won’t work. Consider
mapping those elements.
– Yes you can use Live Trace BUT you may sometimes end-up spending
more time cleaning the result. I prefer to use the IL tools to trace
– The golden rule is to keep your artwork simple. Invigorator likes
closed paths & text must ALWAYS be outlined.
There is no tutorial for now on this but I dedicated a lesson to the subject in the Invigorator-Training DVD.
INVIGORATOR-TRAINING VOL.1 soon available here: https://www.nyc-visual.com
- August 10, 2007 at 1:26 pm
Also, I had the same problem on my mac using CS3. I had to save out to illustrator 10 before I could get any result.
Log in to reply.