Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Select multiple transitions in Premiere Pro

• Select multiple transitions in Premiere Pro

• Stephan Heiniger

September 8, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Is there a way in Premiere Pro (CC 2021) to select multiple transitions (mostly audio fades) without clicking on every single on of them? This is driving me nuts, Adobe’s reply is that I should switch to linked clip selection, but I’d rather like to press a key and select the transitions by dragging the mouse. Am I the only one who wants to do this that way?

• Rowdy Wiegmans

September 8, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Press control(win) and drag

• Ann Bens

September 8, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Set fade to default transition.

Select clips > Apply default transition to selection.

• Stephan Heiniger

September 10, 2021 at 12:49 pm

Howdy Rowdy. That would select the edits, not the transitions. I’m on Mac but I guess that’s the same. Or can you really select the transitions this way?

• Todd Perchert

September 10, 2021 at 4:36 pm

I’m with Ann. Select Clips, then Ctrl-Shift-D on Win.

• Oliver Peters

September 10, 2021 at 7:35 pm

SH – are you trying to select audio transitions that you’ve already applied? If so what are you trying to do – change the duration or something else?

• Ann Bens

September 10, 2021 at 8:51 pm

Do you want to add transitions or remove them from the timeline? Or something else.

• Stephan Heiniger

September 11, 2021 at 6:50 am

Exactly. I want to change the duration of multiple transitions at once. I know how to do that, the problem is selecting them…

• Oliver Peters

September 11, 2021 at 2:19 pm

I don’t think there’s a simple way to change them globally. When you hold down CMD (Mac) and drag up from the empty timeline area or at the end of the track and drag across only the track, you will select all of the cut points. You can apply a default audio transition.

Let’s say you set the default crossfade for 4 frames (Preferences > Timeline). Now you want to change the transition duration after you’ve already applied the 4 frame crossfades, let’s say to 48 frames. First, change the preference setting to 48. CMD+swipe across the track again in order to re-select those cuts. Now reapply the default transition, which is now 48 frames.

Yes, it’s a workaround, but it should get you what you need to do. Hopefully. I’m missing something, too.

• Ann Bens

September 11, 2021 at 2:37 pm

Now I get it.

Go into the Preferences and set default transition to desired duration.

Select all clips that have the transition that you want to change and hit Apply Audio Transition.

All transitions will have the new duration.

Oliver beat me to it,

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy