Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro › Seeking Support with Exporting from FCP 10.1

  • Seeking Support with Exporting from FCP 10.1

    Posted by Adrian Quintero on October 24, 2014 at 8:24 pm

    Hello,
    I have an older version of FCP X- 10.1 I am working with a client and in need of some help! Been searching on line and can’t quite find the answer.
    I brought on some footage that had been posted to my client’s Vimeo page, so they are small .mp4 files, already compressed. Small changes are needed to be made-mostly cuts to the beginning and end of the clips, and some audio boosting. No transitions or anything else added.

    I have MANY of these videos to trim and boost audio too, each about 1 hour each.
    What would you all suggest is the fastest way to export the video with the changes I’m making? I don’t want to re-compress it, and can’t figure out the right export settings to keep it the same quality I brought it in as.
    Thank you so much,
    Adrian

    Robin S. kurz replied 11 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Robin S. kurz

    October 25, 2014 at 2:41 pm

    There’s no way of exporting an H.264 without recompressing. It’s a Long GOP format. Simply use a high data-rate. Any of the “Apple Devices” presets should be fine.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy