– 2k Delivery (possibly 4:3 possibly 16:9 if possible)
– Non-Square pixel format (NTSC DV / .9)
– Editing Resolve Studio 18.1.1
– Up-scale (res) Topaz Video AI (maybe)
– What timeline resolution to edit in if end product is going to be upscaled?
– If / When to us Resolves “Super Scale” settings (if in the end Topaz will be used (still not sure))
– Filed Dominance / Pull Down – I had a lengthy chat with Joey D’Anna about a possible AE workflow BEFORE Resolve introduced their own real-time Pull Down feature… Now that they do have it I am a bit confused as to the best method.
– The baked in grain seems to throw off some of the up-scale software (creating artifacts) I am still testing this but Topaz’s newer AI releases seem to be a bit promising… not sure
I plan on taking the next week or so to ready the footage, as I have subtitles that have been done in older versions of premiere and I will need to account for that as well as rotating the image, getting the clips field dominance and pull-downs in order at the very least.
I am looking for any and all Tips, workflow options, and “gotcha’s” that you can see.