Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy RS-422 woes….

• RS-422 woes….

• Paul Turlick

February 23, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Hi-

Just setting up a new system. MacPro with Kona LHi. Trying to test with AJ HD1400P by capturing some 1080i DVCPro footage. Going HD SDI from deck to Kona breakout box. Trying to use RS-422 for device control but getting the “No Communication” prompt. Deck is in remote. Have tried a variety of the 4222 options in FCP to no avail.

Video and audio are making it into FCP but I just have no control.. All drivers updated.

Any thoughts?

• Matt Lyon

February 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Bad cable maybe? Do you have another deck w/ RS422 to do a test with?

Matt Lyon
    Editor
    Toronto

• Jeremy Garchow

February 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Should be set to Panasonic rs422.

If you are getting no communication that means there’s no physical connection. Deck protocol won’t help that. Have you tried bypassing the Kbox? Are you sure that cable is good? Are you sure all cables are snug to the Kbox?

Jeremy

• Paul Turlick

February 23, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Apparently the cable going from the card to the box has an AJA logo on it. The logo must face up on both sides. It can fit either way. Flipped it and RS & audio issues are solved. You think they might make that a bit clearer no?

Thanks-
    Paul

• Bob Flood

February 23, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Paul

you said: “Apparently the cable going from the card to the box has an AJA logo on it. It can fit either way”

if you mean the connector(s) on the cable can fit into the sockets on the box or the card either way, be very careful.

the connectors were only designed to go one way, and the shape of the connector should “mate” with the card or the box accordingly.

It may be possible to force the connector the wrong way, which can lead to all kinds of problems like pin damage and such. the connectors are shaped kinda like a capital D, so i always make sure the D shapes line up.

hope this helps

“I like video because its so fast!”

Bob Flood
    Greer & Associates, Inc.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy