Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DaVinci Resolve Resolve 17.4.2 Running Problems

• Resolve 17.4.2 Running Problems

• Vincent Fiduccia

November 19, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Has anyone experienced a problem with the new 17.4.2 release launching? I upgraded from 17.4.1 because lagging was getting really serious, but the newest 17.4.2 release was even worse. Wound up uninstalling and reinstalling 17.2.2 and at least I can edit now but have a suspicion that DR does not like Windows 11. Had little problems with the program from the very first, but loading Windows 11 on the machine, made using DR untenable. I have an i9, 10, core machine with 64G and 8G video…shouldn’t have, and didn’t have, any real issues with the machine, except for crashing, like everyone else…until Windows 11. Also, noticed a vast increase in the GPU 3D usage (nearly a constant 100%), which had not been occurring with Windows 10.

Is anyone also experiencing this?

• Michael Gissing

November 22, 2021 at 9:56 pm

I wasn’t aware that Blackmagic have included Win 11 in their recommended software & hardware. I suggest you contact them directly as they may be better placed to help and would also value the feedback if they are working on Win 11 compatibility. Personally I am sticking to Win 10 as those sorts of issues would drive me crazy.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy