Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Rendering a 640×480 clip

  • Rendering a 640×480 clip

    Posted by Ken Dellosa on February 9, 2013 at 12:51 am

    Hello,

    I’m working on a school project of mine and sadly I recorded everything with my old camera, a Sony Powershot A560 which records video at 640×480.

    So i thought of just setting the project properties to a 640×480 @ 29.97 fps, that is how I recorded everything.

    I would like to know if there is a way to get as much quality as possible at render. I won’t upload this to YouTube or anything, just playback from a hard drive, that’s all

    Many thanks in advance.

    John Rofrano replied 13 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • John Rofrano

    February 9, 2013 at 12:56 am

    [Ken Dellosa] “I would like to know if there is a way to get as much quality as possible at render. I won’t upload this to YouTube or anything, just playback from a hard drive, that’s all”

    Render it to MainConcept AVC at 640×480 and the quality should be as good as the original. Use the Apple iPod 640×480 Video template as a starting point and increase the bit rate of needed.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Ken Dellosa

    February 10, 2013 at 12:35 am

    I still can’t get that much quality.. In fact it becomes a little worse…

  • John Rofrano

    February 10, 2013 at 3:02 am

    [Ken Dellosa] “I still can’t get that much quality.. In fact it becomes a little worse…”

    It sounds like you didn’t set the bit rate high enough. The default for that template is pretty low. Try doubling it and see if that helps. if not, double it again. You could use a utility like MediaInfo to see what the original bit rate is and make sure that it is at least that high but different codecs will give different quality even at the same bit rate so you need to experiment.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy