Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Panasonic Cameras › remove scan lines from 1080p 30 footage shot on HVX 200A

  • remove scan lines from 1080p 30 footage shot on HVX 200A

    Posted by Kristian Reid on September 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

    I have some footage shot on an HVX200A in 1280×1080 DVCPROHD 10p30. Every three or four frames, you can see scan lines for two frames. Is there any way to remove this with transcoding? I know that it’s a progressive format but I am thinking that since it’s recorded “over 60i” that this may be the culprit to get a scan-line like defect. Or is this something I have to live with.

    Thanks,
    Kristian Reid

    Video Production Manager
    Drexel University
    Goodwin College

    Fernando Mol replied 15 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Fernando Mol

    September 2, 2011 at 3:28 pm

    It’s called “remove pull-down” and the option to do it will be in different placed depending the software you are using. In After Effect it’s called Interpret Footage (right click on the file).

    I hope this helps

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy