Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Recently switched from Vegas Pro 13 to 18

Tagged: 

• Recently switched from Vegas Pro 13 to 18

Nick Frankiewitz updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Nick Frankiewitz

August 10, 2022 at 4:09 pm

I recently switched from Vegas Pro 13 to Vegas Pro 18. Of course, everything looks recognizable to me, but there are a few things I can’t figure out. The one that really has me stymied is the floating / docking windows. Unlike in Pro 13 where they would lock into the work space, now they pop up when you are using them (after clicking on one of the effects buttons, for example). But rather than being able to “dock” it somewhere, you have to close it now (with Pro 18). That’s fine. But how do you pull up a window that doesn’t (appear to) have a corresponding button somewhere? For example, I want to see the docking window for chapter marker names and times. Where’d they hide that rascal? Thanks for your help.

• Red-Rob Rothkopf

August 10, 2022 at 6:08 pm

Hey Nick…

On your 2nd question about chapter marks — go to “View–>Windows–>Edit Details”, then change the drop-down for “Show” to “Markers”.

Regarding docking windows — you can absolutely do this. Just drag your floating window where you want it to go and it’ll “snap” into an existing window if you hold down the CTRL key while dragging.

Cheers!

–Rob

• Nick Frankiewitz

August 10, 2022 at 8:01 pm

Thanks mate! That was exactly was I was looking for.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy