This method allows you create a precise audio crossfade. For example, you can bleed the audio of a clip into the audio of a previos clip, or vice versa.
1. Select the clip which’s audio you want to bleed
2. ctrl+s to expand the clip’s view
3. up arrow to move the playhead to the beginning of the clip
4. shift+right bracket to select the left audio edge
5. Do one of the following:
5a. hit comma or shift+comma several times to nudge the audio inpoint to the left
5b. ctrl+p and enter an exact amount, eg “-100” to move exactly one second ahead, shift+x to move selected edit point to playhead
You now have precisely bleeded the audio tracks into each other. Now create a fade.
6. Drag the fade-out handle from the previous clip to the playhead.
I wasn’t able to find a way to do this using the keyboard. I’d appreciate any hints on this, if there are any.