Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro X put 100 photos in order automatically

• put 100 photos in order automatically

• David Mayer

September 8, 2021 at 12:55 pm

Client sent me 100 photos, numbered. I need to import and drag them into the project in order. Instead, my default has them importing into separate sub-folders according to their metadata (?) by date. So, all over the place.

Is there a way for Final Cut to recognize the file names of the photos and put them in order so I don’t have to do it manually?

• Eric Santiago

September 8, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Are they numbered from single to three digits e.g 1 to 100…

Sequential files work best if they all have the same amount of digits and in your case three e.g. 001.png, 002.png….100.png…

I myself like it four digits due to some other issues I deal with.

There are free utilities out there that help rename your files in sequence.

Here is a simple YouTube tutorial on importing sequential images in FCPX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5kT7RmbkoI

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

• David Mayer

September 8, 2021 at 1:29 pm

If 3 photo files were created on sept 24, 2019, they import into a subfolder titled sept 24, 2019. So they are now ordered according to the date they were created, not the file name, which is numbered in the order I need.

• Eric Santiago

September 8, 2021 at 7:10 pm

That part I can’t answer.
    Are all these images in one single folder?
    Maybe check your import options and un-check anything that creates a subfolder or in this case Keyword.

• Jeremy Garchow

September 9, 2021 at 5:25 pm

If 3 photo files were created on sept 24, 2019, they import into a subfolder titled sept 24, 2019. So they are now ordered according to the date they were created, not the file name, which is numbered in the order I need.

Right click on any empty space in the browser (that is to say don’t right click on a clip) and choose:

Group Clips By > None

Sort by > Name

These controls can also be found under the little film strip icon at the top of the browser.

• David Mayer

September 13, 2021 at 10:02 pm

So helpful. Works like a charm. Thanks much, Jeremy.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy