Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Protools 10 OMF import from premiere cs6 not finding files

• Protools 10 OMF import from premiere cs6 not finding files

• esteban uriarte

March 20, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Hi
    I am having a problem importing an OMF file generated in Premiere CS6 into protools 10.
    The file imports but the clips are not linked and the project manager can not find them.
    I can’t work out a solution.
    If anyone has experoenced the problem and has a solution will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

TV Producer, Director
    Argentina

• Hiren Upadhyay

April 22, 2013 at 9:46 am

Hi,
    I am also having the same problem

• frank tourv

April 3, 2014 at 12:31 am

Same issues here, i have found a few workarounds but so far nothing constant.

a) Send to Audition – audition export OMF. I had good success but not perfect. The good thing is that with this it works or it doesnt. You dont get the ”missing 40files” that omf export out of premiere sometimes does. Audition nails it perfect or you get 1400 missing files(everything).

b) XML export to FCP 7 – FCP 7 OMF. This works fine but it hasnt been superb. FCP 7 nails omf relatively well but i had many issues over the years.

c) XML export – load xml in audition – audition export. The omf seems successful but loading a 45 min timeline of .mov audio in audition seems to crash it on a regular basis.

Sadly.. nothing perfect so far… Next Premiere CC update(8.0.0) is supposed to improve AAF exports(which are horrible in Premiere).

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy