Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Maxon Cinema 4D Projector

• Projector

Posted by Andy Stokes on July 11, 2005 at 9:46 am

Hi all,

How can I make a projector ? I have applied a texture to a light and things work fine when I apply the texture to the alpha channel however i’d like to project a colour image.

Any ideas ? Is there a shader that might be able to do this.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Stokes replied 18 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Adam Trachtenberg

July 11, 2005 at 1:17 pm

Put your texture in the the material’s transparency channel. If you want to see the light–like a projector in a dusty room–enable the light’s visibility>volumetric function in the light’s General tab.

• Andy Stokes

July 12, 2005 at 2:26 am

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response. However I have already achieved this. What i’d like to do is to be able to project a colour image from a light onto objects in my scene. If I use the transparency channel I only get a b/w OR gobo effect from the light NOT a full colour image projected onto my objects.

I hope this is clear.. Anyone else got any idea ?

Thx,

Andy

• Adam Trachtenberg

July 12, 2005 at 4:41 am

[Andy Stokes] “Thanks for your response. However I have already achieved this. What i’d like to do is to be able to project a colour image from a light onto objects in my scene. If I use the transparency channel I only get a b/w OR gobo effect from the light NOT a full colour image projected onto my objects.”

You sure about that?

• Andy Stokes

July 12, 2005 at 5:02 am

Hi Adam,

Thanks alot.. I was applying the texture to the alpha channel instead.. Got mixed up between transparency and alpha…Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help..

Cheers,

ANdy

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy