Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Maxon Cinema 4D Projector

• Projector

• Andy Stokes

July 11, 2005 at 9:46 am

Hi all,

How can I make a projector ? I have applied a texture to a light and things work fine when I apply the texture to the alpha channel however i’d like to project a colour image.

Any ideas ? Is there a shader that might be able to do this.

Cheers,

Andy

• Adam Trachtenberg

July 11, 2005 at 1:17 pm

Put your texture in the the material’s transparency channel. If you want to see the light–like a projector in a dusty room–enable the light’s visibility>volumetric function in the light’s General tab.

• Andy Stokes

July 12, 2005 at 2:26 am

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response. However I have already achieved this. What i’d like to do is to be able to project a colour image from a light onto objects in my scene. If I use the transparency channel I only get a b/w OR gobo effect from the light NOT a full colour image projected onto my objects.

I hope this is clear.. Anyone else got any idea ?

Thx,

Andy

• Adam Trachtenberg

July 12, 2005 at 4:41 am

[Andy Stokes] “Thanks for your response. However I have already achieved this. What i’d like to do is to be able to project a colour image from a light onto objects in my scene. If I use the transparency channel I only get a b/w OR gobo effect from the light NOT a full colour image projected onto my objects.”

You sure about that?

• Andy Stokes

July 12, 2005 at 5:02 am

Hi Adam,

Thanks alot.. I was applying the texture to the alpha channel instead.. Got mixed up between transparency and alpha…Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help..

Cheers,

ANdy

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy