Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Project done in 4.0–possible to open in 3?

  • Project done in 4.0–possible to open in 3?

    Posted by Holly Gibson on August 1, 2005 at 9:27 pm

    I have a project that was started in FCP 4 and am trying to finish it in FCP 3. Is this even possible? I thought it was but when I tried to open it on my machine it says “cannot open project file”. Any ideas? I could have sworn that when i started this thing (1 1/2 years ago) that this wouldn’t be a problem.

    Any ideas are greatly appreciated 🙂

    Holly

    Shane Ross replied 21 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Shane Ross

    August 2, 2005 at 4:22 am

    This isn’t possible. The best you can do is export an EDL of the cut and then import that EDL into FCP 3 and relink to the footage.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy