Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Storage & Archiving Proavio EB800MS Error Beep Codes?

• Proavio EB800MS Error Beep Codes?

• Mark Morreau

November 14, 2020 at 8:10 pm

Hello all,

Long time… I was trying to resurrect an old Proavio EB800MS with 8 x 3TB drives. Working fine a few months ago, powered up and it gives me three beeps, and all four lights at the front blink three times.

The HDDs don’t spin up, and the HBA doesn’t recognise that there are any drives attached.

ProAvio and Enchance (who I got it from) are long departed.
    Wondering if anyone knows what this error code is?

Tried removing all the HDDs: still get this beep on power on.
    Also trying to remember if the disks in this unit spin up on power on or not until polled by the HBA.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

Mark

• Jim Curtis

November 25, 2020 at 5:13 pm

<div>

I have an Enhance (Enchance… Good one!) E8. It has no lights other than the eight for drive activity, nor have I ever heard it beep. My drives sound like they spin up, although maybe I’m just hearing the fan, and feeling the air move when I enable the power switch.

Sounds like you may have blown a fuse (if there is one) or had a solder joint fail in the power supply or on the backplane, or have some similar air gap.

FWIW, I replaced my old 2 TB SAS drives with 10 TB SATAs, and it’s been working fabulously with the old ATTO R680.

</div>

• Bob Zelin

November 26, 2020 at 12:10 am

if he had a blown fuse, he would have no power. So what is this forum becomming – the geriatric video users forum. This is 2020. I have been doing this longer than both of you have been alive. Buy some new equipment. JESUS !

Bob Zelin

• Robert Ober

November 30, 2020 at 3:49 pm

Glad to see Bob is mellowing;-)

Some folks can’t afford to replace working equipment until it fails and is not repairable. And even then for some. Especially under the current conditions where income producing may be challenging.

Hope you folks are well and good,

Robert

• Bob Zelin

December 2, 2020 at 12:09 am

And I thought that “The Relaxed Dog” was wonderful

https://www.therelaxeddog.com/about

A wonderful video

Bob Zelin

• Robert Ober

December 3, 2020 at 3:21 pm

LOL,

Not me of course. I updated my profile to show one of my headshots.

I’m in Houston and there is a construction company owner in San Antonio who is also Robert Ober. It’s interesting because Robert is common, but Ober is not.

Take it EZ,

Robert

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy