Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems Premiere – turn Kona output off?

• Premiere – turn Kona output off?

• Ken Pugh

July 1, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Sorry on the learning curve at the steep end – another post – but a quick one:

Is it possible to turn Kona output off temporarily? According to the manual this is accomplished in playback settings inside the sequence settings menu – but the Kona software appears to have hijacked this page with its own menu.

Spent ages getting it to work (and it does) – now I can’t turn it off!

Thanks,

Ken.

• Ken Pugh

July 1, 2011 at 2:42 pm

… in fact I can’t see how to turn Kona output either off or on in Premiere, retrospectively, once a sequence has been created.

Ken.

• AJA Sales Department

July 5, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Ken,

Once you have started an AJA sequence, The video in that sequence will always go out to the card. There is no way to shut it off.

AJA Video Systems
    +1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
    (800) 251-4224 US
    [email protected]

• Jason Jenkins

July 5, 2011 at 5:47 pm

[Ken Pugh] “… in fact I can’t see how to turn Kona output either off or on in Premiere, retrospectively, once a sequence has been created.”

Turn off the monitor 🙂

Jason Jenkins
    Flowmotion Media
    Video production… with style!

• Ken Pugh

July 6, 2011 at 7:32 am

My issue is the Kona output slowing down the responsiveness of the timeline – apologies I thought I’d mentioned that – but it was in another post. Otherwise, a great idea!

Best,

Ken.

• Ken Pugh

July 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Solution:

read this elsewhere – tested it out and it works very well – so for the archive:

To improve edit performance using Premiere and Kona – edit in a non Kona Sequence, like ProRes (for now), then drop this as a nested sequence into a Kona sequence. This way one can effectively turn the Kona output ON and OFF by switching between the sequences during editing. Fast, effective, and no need to re-render when switching to Kona output.

Ken.

• Robert Brown

July 13, 2011 at 3:41 am

Are there any plans to change this? It’s very simple to do this in FCP and even Motion.

• Ken Pugh

July 14, 2011 at 9:49 am

see my post below – for now you can do this by nesting the non-Kona sequence into a Kona sequence – and jumping back and forth – works well – and no need to re-render for the Kona sequence.

Ken.

• Robert Brown

July 14, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Yeah I know the trick. I’m just hoping this is something that can be addressed. Every other program I have that uses Kona – AE, FCP, Motion, Nuke – can all easily turn the Kona on or off.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy